History was made as the state and the nation heralded the birth of a golden child. A child that is destined to change the fortune and lives of the people of Benin and the Nation at large. A child that soon metamorphosed into an adult, to take its rightful position in the scheme of things. That is the story of Franej Educational Centre. It originally started as a remedial institution in 1986. The thirst to provide a balanced and functional education for children and youths from various backgrounds necessitated the move to establish the Montessori, Nursery and Primary school and the Franej International High School, that will stand the test of time. The Montessori, Nursery and the Primary, section which is situated at 17, Iyobosa Enterprises Way, Off Erediauwa, provides qualitative and pragmatic educational and Day- Care services for pupils and babies.
With experience and devoted teachers, pupils graduate with flying colours at the National Common Entrance Examination and the State Primary School Leaving Certificate Examination. Our graduates are second to none. Franej International High School caters for students across the state, who come in to avail themselves of the opportunity of proper grooming for S.S.C.E, G.C.E. and JAMB Examinations. The provision of well equipped and functional laboratories, Library and a team of dedicated teachers, have given a firm educational foundation, which has seen the students through the university and made them important personalities in the society.
Beside the remarkable achievements recorded by the school, the management has not relented in the quest for a more dynamic functional and success-oriented educational centre. In view of the aforementioned desire, the Centre has embarked on massive restructuring, refurbishment and provision of up-to-date equipment, infrastructure and facilities, pursuit of functional teaching methods, participation of pupils and students in Intra and Extra-Curricular Activities e.t.c.
Provision of good infrastructures and facilities:
For our realizable mission, both schools- Montessori/Nursery/Primary and the High School, operate in solid infrastructure with spacious, cross-ventilated classrooms, well stock library, equipped ICT room with functional internet facilities, modern Science laboratories, well equipped Music Studio, Recording Media Studio, Art Studio, Sport Facilities – Volley Ball, Basket Ball, Football, Table Tennis, e.t.c., a variety of special Montessori educational resource materials and recreational gadgets.
To complement the structures on ground, both schools parade experienced, seasoned and devoted university graduates in all subject areas without compromising standard.
You can never be overdressed and overeducated. By: Oscar Whiled.
Franej Educational Centre is lavishly furnished with modern gadgets and educational teaching aids.
Franej Educational Centre operates qualitative extracurricular activities which have made her popular among households in Benin City and beyond. Parents and others are overwhelmed by the dexterity of our students in our school media outing “Franej Anchor Forum”, Musical performance, cultural troop performance and out-of-school competitions. The School ex-students have bagged the most esteemed first class degrees from reputable universities in Nigeria, and have achieved great feats in their careers, businesses and other life endeavours.
For all Franejites, excellence is our watch word; continuously striving for the highest achievement in all aspects of learning. In Franej our students write external examinations unaided and come out with good results. The cankerworm that has eaten deep into most public schools and private schools in the state at external examinations (NECO AND WAEC), which make them magic centers, is non-existent in Franej Educational Centre. Franej School is termed the Award Winning School, having clinched several awards in school competitions over the years. These include:
- 1st, 2nd& 3rd positions – Essay competition – the Olympics, a Vehicle of Unity – Okoro Okiemute, Sheila Obasohan, Addeh Otibhor by the Ministry of Arts, Culture and Sports. (2009).
- 3rd position at National Level Olympic Essay Competition – Addeh Otibhor (2009).
- 1st position – Essay Competition – “The role of the parliament in youth development” – Okoro Okiemute. Edo State House of Assembly Common Wealth Day – (2009).
- 1st and 2nd positions in Edo State All School Essay Competition – “Edo State of my dream”, to mark Comrade Adams Oshiomole’s one year in office. Courtesy Modupe Sadiq and Addeh Otibhor (2009).
- 1st position in Edo State Projects 50 – 50 – National Youth Essay Competition – Productivity Leadership Summit – courtesy – Emmanuel Idiaghe, 2011 (50th Anniversary of Nigeria Independence).
- 3rd position – Essay competition – Edo State at Twenty – courtesy – Emmanuel Idiaghe.
- 1st, 2nd,3rd Position – WINBIZ – All Secondary School female students – Essay Competition 2012 – (GPI) courtesy – Nnedu Phoebe, Sharon Osahon, Anuna Uchechukwu Victory.
- 2nd position – Essay Competition by NAPVID – “Advancing the Rights of the physically challenged children” – courtesy Sharon Osahon. (2012).
- 2012 International Museum Day Celebration Edo State branch celebrated the event and organized Miss Museum Beauty Pageant. Miss Osahon Sharon represented the school. The event took place on the 18th of May, 2012.
- National Children’s Day Celebration 2013. Our school participated in the March Past organized by Egor Local Government. The event took place at Uselu Secondary School field on the 27th of May, 2013. Our school took 1st Position and was presented with wonderful gifts.
At the National Gallery of Art competition, Edo State branch (2013) Children’s Day Expo, Franej school clinched several awards in the secondary and primary categories.
Osagie Endurance – 1st in Ceramics
Azeke Faith – 1st in Ceramics
Okonye Festus – 1st in Graphics
Omoruyi Marnie – 2nd in Ceramics
Adinqupu Fredrick – 3rd in Mixed Media
Omoruyi Airhuia – 3rd in Work in Poster Colour
Omoruyi Airhuia – 2nd in work in Poster Colour
Ebubechi Ezemadu – 2nd in Ceramics
Desire Aduwa – 2nd in Ceramics
Omoruyi Airhuia – 2nd in Pencil on Paper
- Independence Day Celebration, 1st October, 2013, at NTA Benin Zonal Network: 2nd Position in March Past.
Osasu Agbongiasede and Akinbo Oluwadamilola – 2nd in Edo State.
- Edo kiddies and Youth Carnival, 29th November, 2013:
Stephanie Inneh, Chioma Oside and Gloria Ikhelowa – 1st in Debate
Divine Ikhiduanumen, Endurance Salami and Wesley Irabor – 1st in Junior Quiz.
- 1st Benin Chess Tournament (Oba’s Cup), organized by Sport Colony, on the 12th – 14th Dec, 2013:
3rd in Team event.
Master Precious Nweke – 3rd in individual event.
- Inter-House Sport Invitational Relay Competition, organized by Ighile Group of School, on the 13th of March, 2014:
2nd in the Boys Relay Team.
- Inter-House Sport Invitational Relay Competition, organized by Garrick Memorial Secondary School, on the 14th of March, 2014:
1st in the Boys Relay Team.
3rd in Drum Competition organized by Batch A 2015 Edo state NYSC
Udu Deborah – 2nd in “Festival of the Girl Child”, 2015, Edo State Celebration, in an Essay competition for Girls in Edo State Secondary School.
- National Children’s Day Celebration, 2015: March Pass:
2nd in the Primary School Category
1st in the Secondary School Category
2nd in all Secondary School Chess Competition
- 2015 Edo State School Cooks Competition, our School Participated and took 3rd
Miss Osato Daniel – 1st, 2015 all Secondary Schools Essay writing competition by Nigeria Christian Union, Uniben Chapter.
Benjamin Osarumwense – 2nd in Chess Sequence 11 competition 2016.
Precious Ainobe – 3rd in Chess Sequence 11 competition.
Paul Oside – 4th in Chess Sequence 11 competition.
Sem Enobayisobo – 2nd in Benin Chess competition 2016.
Benjamin Osarumwense & Paul Oside – Bronze medal for outstanding performance in chess competition organized by Sports Colony Int’l, Benin City.
National Council for Arts & Culture Organised School Festival of Choral Music, 8th& 9th Feb, 2017. Franej came out in the following position
- 1st in Solo
- 1st in Ensemble
- 2nd in Duet
- 1st Overall best performance
- Chess competition by sports colony International 2017- Franej took 1st & 3rd position in the under-16 category.
- 2018 Kid- “Kalculator League”, a Mathematics competition, organised by Eclectrics Games and Publisher:
- Franej Montessori Nursery and Primary School clinched 2nd
- 2018 South-South Nigeria Education Award:
- The award- “Outstanding in Infrastructure and Equipment” was presented to Franej International High School.
- The C.E.O/Founder- Dr. (Mrs.) E.C. Uzu received the “Distinguished Educator Award”.
- 2018 Inter-School Debate Competition (senior category), organised by NTA:
Franej International High School emerged victorious.